Monday, February 23, 2009

Miscellany

Just a few things. Bullets will work best here:
  • I am trying to get Europe posted as fast as I can. My goal by the end of this week is to be done with France.
  • Tomorrow, I am going to a 6 course "Acorn Edition" dinner at Centro in Des Moines. It is being hosted by Herb Eckhouse, whom you may remember as the owner of La Quercia. It will feature 6 courses, using pork made from hogs that have only been fed on acorns. Look for updates tomorrow/wednesday!
  • I am winding down the amount of visits currently, as I will be on Spring Break in 3 weeks. Currently in the pipeline is a visit to Pavelka's organic beef and lamb, as well as a visit to Lois Reichert's DAiry in April to help her with the new goat kids.
  • Spring break is going to be pretty quiet, blog wise. I am trying to watch what I eat while I am home, but I will be visiting the bay area for 5 days or so. While there, I look forward to visiting Chez Panisse, Yank Sing dim sum, and hopefully many more places.

No comments: