Monday, March 9, 2009

Some thoughts on dining and companionship

Overall, I would say I approve of Europe. It was a lot of fun; I saw incredible places, tasted excellent food, but most importantly I shared incredible experiences with two good friends. That is what I wanted to talk about in this post: not what was the best part of Europe culinarily, but rather some thoughts on what makes food good.

All the best food in the world means nothing if you do not enjoy the people with whom you are eating. In Europe, I had the fortune of dining with two old friends with whom I have shared many meals. Even with them though, I always felt myself wishing that (and still do, when eating a great meal) some other people could join me- my friends from home, my parents or others. I would always prefer to have a take-out burger with a good friend than Alinea alone.

That is why I am looking forward to Spring Break- catching up with old friends. The rest, as they say, is gravy.

No comments: