Sunday, March 15, 2009

Spring Break 2009: My farewell to Des Moines

MOD_7997.JPG

Spring Rolls with Shrimp

MOD_7999.JPG

Vietnamese Coffee

MOD_8021.JPG

Pho Ha Dao: Pho with beef tendon, brisket, meatballs and beef eye round. I ordered the beef raw, and on the side (below)

MOD_8020.JPG

Dinner: Namaste Indian

MOD_8026.JPG


MOD_8031.JPG

REALLY spicy peppers stuffed with lentils. Too hot to eat.

MOD_8035.JPG

A dosa that must have been 18 inches long. A dosa is a crepe like thing, filled with potatoes and lentils. Along side was served sabmhar, a soup, and a ginger chutney.

MOD_8042.JPG

Interior shot of the dosa. Note how crispy it is.

MOD_8047.JPG

Onion kulcha: naan stuffed with onions and banked in a tandoori oven, and then smushes down.

MOD_8054.JPG

Lamb vindaloo. Very yummy.

1 comment:

OnigiriFB said...

Oooo.... I've never eaten at Namaste, only shopped there. It's been awhile and I could use more Indian spices. I might have to swing by this week. Lunch was fun but shopping was very fun! I've eaten all my pastries and drank a couple of cups of very potent coffee and made a good dent into the malbec. I had forgotten about the morning headaches though. :( The cheese was a bit strong but tasty with the crackers and jam. They went well with the malbec. Thank you for the recommendations, now what do you recommend for a good decently priced white? Not that I'm a fan of whites generally but it would be a better pairing with Thai food I think.

The paella looks lovely. No chicken though? Isn't paella always supposed to have chicken? How are the planning stages of the bbq going? Can't wait to see what you come up with.