Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Spring Break 2009: Sunday Dinner

My family loves cooking; I thought I would show you what a typical Sunday dinner at our house looks like.

MOD_8321.JPG

We started off with some Iberian shepherds cheese; a hard sheeps milk cheese, traditionally served with a type of cherry jam.

MOD_8326.JPG

My Dad and I had been to the farmers market earlier, where we bought some golden beets (above). They would be roasted.


MOD_8331.JPG

In an intriguing turn, there was a man selling salads with flowers in them at the same farmers market. It turned out to be delicious; some of the freshest, crispest salad greens I have ever had. Plus, flowers!


MOD_8349.JPG

For the main course, my Mom whipped together a pasta with roasted tomatoes and asparagus. A little bit of olive oil, and we had a perfect spring pasta.

No comments: